Friday 30 November 2012

Sparkle like a Star





Today was the first day of our three day 'Sparkle' weekend at Miss Selfridge. Us girls needed to dress to impress in our local store and help customers know what is hot this party season. I don't really own many 'party' dresses from Miss Selfridge, so I decided to wear this dress that my boyfriend kindly bought me for my birthday.




I don't normally wear things that show off my top half, since there is a lack of it! But I quite like the style and cut of the dress. I love the lace detail, and flowy bottom skirt. Since it was purchased I have worn it twice both for meals out. It would make a lovely Christmas dress as it isn't too over the top or showy.


Since it was a sparkle weekend, and my dress lacked a bit of dazzle, I quickly picked this collar up before the start of my shift. I have wanted this for ages but could never justify paying £18.50 for a necklace, but today I finally gave in. It's so pretty and will go with many of my high neck dresses and will add a bit of umph to a plain top and outfit. Collars are everywhere this season and they really make an outfit pop. There are so many on the high street both necklace and material versions, so I would recommend picking one up before Christmas to add a bit of detail to your outfit.




I am in love with Topshop frilly socks at the moment and I spotted these sparkly, black versions yesterday to add to my collection. They look awesome with my Topshop Alexy boots and were perfect for the sparkle day. So yeah, I bought them and I love them!

Cannot wait to be heading back to Leeds for the weekend tomorrow, we are staying in some beautiful apartments called Residence Six that I shall be taking a few snaps to show off. It is nice to get away for the weekend especially after you have just been paid. Some major Christmas shopping is to be done tomorrow before I spend it all.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

D.x

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dress xx

    maddie-elizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is so gorgeous, love the cut out detailing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have gorgeous hair, and I love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the glittery socks!

    http://thechroniclesofaginger.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete