Monday 7 January 2013

A Vintage Affair

The Vintage Tea Party Year Waterstones £15.00



I have been in awe of the vintage phenomenon that has been sweeping our nation for the past few years. There is nothing quite like a vintage touch to demonstrate and air of class, originality and creativity.  The fashion, the hair, the lifestyle, there is something quite alluring about the past and I can't quite out my finger on it.

The Vintage Tea Party Book Waterstones £16.00

Well now it could not be easier to allow snippets from the past into your present, if you are looking for something a little retro, a little kitsch than look no further than Miss Angel Adore, author of not one but two amazing books.

The Vintage Tea Party Book burst onto our shelves earlier last year and I have never been so keen to get my hands on a book. A beautifully written exploration of the past in terms of entertaining, food and drink and personal style, Angel Adoree teaches the average novice how to turn her dream tea party into a reality.

make your own butterfly display page 220

Pages filled with charming animal illustrations that could rival Alice in Wonderland, the book is simply beautiful and looks just that amongst all my other plain Jane recipe books. If you are looking for something new to try at home, then flick through and choose at random. One of my favourites is the British Potato recipe. Baked new potatoes with soured cream and chive filling, an everyday recipe with a little something special.

Learn to bake these delicious potatoes page 126

For a sweet tooth try there trifle shots page 173


Not only does this book transform you into a wannabe housewife, but there are also plenty make and do pieces to put your craft skills to the test. Why not try making your own pinny, retro style or even attempt to put together your own bird mobile that would look perfect in any stylish home.

For something a little different that is both beautiful inside and out, pick up one of these books that you can turn to time and time again, in an entertaining emergency or simply to indulge in it's pretty pages.

Don't forget to follow me on twitter girlies need all the help I can get! @Danielle20990

D.x

11 comments:

  1. I would love these books! I have quite a few vintage fashion and craft books so these would fit in nicely with my collection :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not recommend them enough! I really hope she brings another one out next year too!x

      Delete
  2. These look lovely! I'll definitely look into them! :)
    xx

    walkingthroughthecitystreets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing! Xx

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lucky-Pink-Cat-Maneki-Neko-Bell-Charm-Bracelet-/160748891638?pt=UK_JewelleryWatches_WomensJewellery_Rings_SR&hash=item256d616df6 :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you, these are just too cute to resist!x

      Delete
  5. That book is amazing, its so adorable great post

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These two books are certainly on my wish list! They look so lovely and full of vintage inspiration xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got a friend that whenever I look at her I immediately think of vintage. She loves this style and it matches really well with her personality. This would be such an amazing gift for her. Lovely!

    Have a nice day,
    allthatglittersnotgold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. these books look beautiful
    I would love for you to check out my blog http://wise-rabbit-says.blogspot.co.uk
    Hope to see you soon
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete